Wings On Point! | Perfect The Winged Liner In Under 2 Minutes
Winged liner is by far the oldest trend that has stuck around in the beauty world! It’s timeless and ever so chic! Everyone loves it, but it's also a little tricky and requires practice to perfect.
Winged liner has many variations. From Audrey Hepburn to Kylie Jenner, winged liner has been worn differently across the many decades of beauty evolution, globally!
Even if you look at yesteryears' Bollywood actresses, Sharmila Tagore and Asha Parekh turned out to be quite the veterans when it came to acing the winged liner.
But, unfortunately, life is not a Bollywood movie and even though we wish we had our personal makeup artists at our disposal creating magic on our faces, it’s necessary to come to terms with the fact that it’s not going to happen.
Think of your winged liner as your armour, when you wear it, nothing can go wrong! You've just got to have that confidence and assure yourself that you can pull it off!
If you’ve been struggling with getting the wings right, or just are confused on where to begin, where to end and it feels like there’s a tunnel of confusion, don’t worry because our makeup expert is here to guide you through the darkness.
Start off with looking at yourself in the mirror, and observe those gorgeous eyes that god has given you! Eyeliner is basically acts as an enhancer. Whatever the eye shape, the perfect application of eyeliner will only enhance your eyes and make them look fuller.
Your winged tip has to basically follow the arch or the curve of your upper lash line. Once you follow the lash line and draw it, all you have to do is connect it to the centre of your eye lid, on the lash line. While doing so, you can determine the thickness and the length of the liner. Depending upon your mood.
Here are a few examples:
1. For a casual day out: Draw a thinner line, with just a flick of the wing, nothing too elaborate.
2. For a party: Go BOLD! For a party or fun night out with your girls, you can totally play around with the thickness of your liner. Just remember, when you draw over your inner corner, keep it thin and gradually build up towards the outer corner of your eye!
3. To make eyes appear bigger: Keep the thickness moderate and highlight the tear ducts with some shimmer based highlight or eyeshadow. This will instantly amp up your look and give your eye makeup some dimension!
Some of our favourite eyeliners are :
1. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
2. L'oreal Paris Super Liner Gel Intenza
3. Bobbi brown Long Wear Gel Liner
4. Lakme Absolute Shine Line
Now that you know how to get that liner on perfectly, don't hesitate to create, experiment and have fun with this beauty product that's a gift to mankind. (Or should I say, woman kind!)