Eat These Foods For That Ultimate Natural Glow
As the old saying goes, "You are what you eat" It couldn't be any truer! While fitness and healthy food is considered to be the "cool thing" people do now a days, most of us don't know the actual benefits of what they're eating. So let us break it down for you.
In this video, nutritionist Suman Agarwal talks about the different foods that particularly help your skin glow, sure they have other nutrients that help you boost immunity, but let's talk about skin in particular here!
We're breaking it down for you in different categories
1. Fresh fruits and Vegetables : Tomatoes, carrots, beetroots, berries, oranges etc are high in antioxidants and have plenty of vitamins. Vitamin C and A are extremely important for skin and can't be missed out.
2. Proteins : Maintaining a low carb, high protein diet not only tones your muscles but also adds that flush of glow to your skin. Our nails and skin are made up of protein and proteins contain the amino acids that help in building and repairing the skin. The eight essential amino acids are acquired from meat, fish, eggs etc.
3. Fluids for hydration : Our body is 70% water. When we're dehydrated, this balance is disrupted and our bodies start acting up. This balance disruption can be harmful to our bodies and skin as well. So it's necessary to stay hydrated = WATER, WATER and LOTS of water! Juices (without sugar) can also help you!
4. Fibre : Foods like spinach, or whole grain foods are rich in fibre. They help get rid of acne.
5. Fats : Fats like pure ghee, or fats from milk are necessary for skin! Cutting them off from your diet won't give you that glow you've always wanted. But, make sure you consume only limited fats and not go overboard.
Conscious efforts to include these foods in your diet will definitely help you get gorgeously glowing skin. In addition to that, they will also boost your immunity and make you a healthy, happy person! :D