DIY Date Night Treats To Make Your Man
Initially aimed at amping at your valentines day game by cooking up something D–lish for your date, the recipes here are still useful for all you ladies out there who don't need a special occasion to whip up a special treat for your man.
Get the recipe girls!
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Flour: 1 1/4 cups
Baking Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Butter: 1/2 cup
Packed Brown Sugar: 1/2 cup
White Sugar: 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract: 1/2 tsp
Flaked Coconut: 1 1/3 cups
1 and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pink Food Colouring
1. Start by preheating the oven to 175 degrees C. Then move on to combining the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Get another bowl of around a medium size and mix the butter, the brown sugar and the white sugar until it gains a smooth texture.
3. Add the egg and vanilla essence and the few drops of food colouring, mix until light and fluffy.
4. Drop in your chocolate chips and give it a light mix.
5. Keep mixing while you add the in the shredded bits of coconut.
6. Add spoonfuls of your batter to a baking sheet and make sure to leave enough room between them so you aren't left with one massive cookie that looks deformed because all of them have stuck together.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in your preheated oven.
8. Once they’re out, let them cool and serve them up!
OREO CAKE POPS
Cream Cheese: 120 grams
Oreo’s: 20 cookies
Melted Cadbury chocolate: 140 grams
3 types of sprinkles
A packet of lollipop sticks
1. Begin by getting out your blender and adding your oreo’s to it. Split them into two so they’re easier to grind up.
2. Next, put your cream cheese into the blender and blitz it just enough to soften it.
3. After that's looking yum enough to want to stick your entire head into, add in the ground up oreo bits and mix till you can’t see the cream cheese anymore.
4. Scoop out small amounts of the batter and make little rounds with your palms, place them on the cookie tray which has a parchment paper on it.
5. Put the balls in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow them to harden.
6. Put a stick into your ball and slam dunk it into some melted chocolate. Then scatter on some sprinkles and sample heaven on a stick.
3. STRAWBERRY-PEACH SANGRIA
Peach flavoured vodka: ½ cup
Sprite: 2 cups
1. Start by adding all the liquids into your pitcher – The rose, vodka and some sprite.
2. Toss in some chopped strawberries and refrigerate until it’s ready to be served.
3. That is literally all it takes, so when you’re feeling ‘thirsty’ simply grab your pitcher and serve it on the rocks.
Don't forget to be cheesy and stick TWO straws into the single glass of milkshake to drink with your cookies and you're all set!