Easy Workout Basics For The Lazy Girl
When it comes to exercise there are two barriers – money and time. People are too busy to get to the gym and gym memberships can be pretty outrageous. So how is one supposed to squeeze in a good gym-session?
The answer is – At Home!
Welcome to the Ultimate Home Workout Series where we show you how to use items from around the house to get a fit, toned body!
So let’s begin and show you how to use sitting down to your advantage because all we need for this workout is a CHAIR.
1. CHAIR DIPS:
Chair dips are the best move for triceps as it holds up your entire body weight and move through a full range of motions. And the best part is you don’t need any special equipment to do this as it can be done anywhere.
- Sit on the edge of the chair with your arms by your side, and place your palms and fingers fingers on the edge of the seat. Put another chair in front of you and put your legs straight onto the chair.
- Now shift your bodyweight forward, exhale and lower yourself down off the chair. Make sure your hips are now lower than your feet.
- Hold your body for 5 counts, then it your body back into the chair and inhale.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
2. LEG EXTENSIONS AND ARM CIRCLES
This exercise targets the muscles in the buttocks, thighs, hips and shoulders and can really change their physical appearance by toning each muscle helping you burn those calories. So, let’s begin!
- Sit on the edge of the seat with arms by your side.
- Extend your right leg out straight so that it’s parallel to the ground and point your foot so that just the right heel is opposite the floor.
- Next straighten your arms on the side so that they are parallel to the floor and then circle forward from the shoulder 5 times, then turn your palms to the ceiling and circle backwards 5 times. This will loosen up your shoulder muscles preventing painful muscle knots.
- Hold till you finish the arm circles and then lower your leg.
- Do 3 sets and don't forget to repeat the same with the other leg.
3 .SEATED PRESS AND INNER THIGH
This one is the easiest and most effective exercise as it works out your core muscles, inner thighs and arms making them strong and flexible – and ladies, let’s face it healthy is the new skinny!
- Sit at the edge of the chair with your back all, tighten your ab muscles and keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Put a small cushion between your knees and using your inner thigh muscles squeeze it as hard as you can, then relax!
- Next, take two bottles in each hand raise it to shoulder level and twist your hand so that your palms are facing forward.
- Then raise the bottles above your head until your arms are fully extended while continuously squeezing the pillow.
- Do not pause the movement and immediately begin lowering the bottles back to the starting position keeping your abs tight, do this at a moderate speed.
- Do up to 3 sets of 10 reps.
You don't need a gym membership to melt that fat away and be fit. Just look around and take advantage of the items in your house!