Easy Beginners Workout For Women
When it comes to exercise there are 2 barriers – money and time. People are too busy to get to the gym and gym memberships can be pretty outrageous. So how is one supposed to squeeze in a good gym-session?
The answer is At Home!
Welcome to the second episode of The Ultimate Home Workout Series where we show you how to use items from around the house to get a fit, toned body!
Today we're going to show you how books aren’t just meant for reading. So go grab a few because heres’s how to use them!
1. SIDE DIPS:
This exercise will build up your strength and help tone your sides which are basically the the oblique muscles that give you a much slimmer shape and they’re perfect to transform those love handles you hate into strong toned muscles. Ohhhh yeah!
- Begin by standing with your legs close to each other.
- Hold a heavy book in each hand and bend your body to the right while lowering the weight close to the floor.
- Go as far as you can and count to 5.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Do 8-10 slow controlled movements and make sure you limit your movements up and down.
2. CALF RAISES
This exercise is so simple that you can literally do this one by just sitting on your behind while doing some paper work or even cutting veggies!
This will help you to tighten those muscles, giving your legs some serious definition and shape. Because hey, who wouldn't want to show off a set of sexy, toned pins!
- Sit on a chair with your feet flat on the ground and your midriff tall.
- Then start stacking as many books as you can on top of your thighs.
- Place your palms on the stacked books and apply some extra pressure.
- At the same time lift your heels off the ground, raising them as high up as you can while fighting the resistance coming from the books.
- Lower your heels back.
- Do 3 sets of 20.
It’s CRUNCH time ladies! Everyone knows how to do this one. It’s simple, easy and effective. Crunches will help improve your balance, tighten your ab muscles and also strengthen your posture.
- Lie flat on the back with your feet together or a little apart. Extend your arms fully above you while holding a book.
- Using only your ab muscles to propel yourself forward, lift your shoulders straight off the floor, while keeping the rest of your body flat on the ground.
- Remember to exhale on your way up and inhale as you go down.
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps each and gradually build it up once you get the hang of it.
So ladies, stop running away from hard work and start working out because being sore today means being strong tomorrow!