Yoga For Menstrual Cramps - Period Cramps Relief Yoga
Are you one of those girls who wishes that periods never existed? When you get your periods, your stomach hurts so bad that you feel like mini ninjas are inside you, who are trying to kill you.
Taking pain killers to easy that pain is what most women resort too. But pain killers only give you temporary relief. Try these amazing yoga poses to get natural relief.
1- WIDE LEGGED CHILD'S POSE
This pose help's ease discomfort in your lower back. To do this pose:
- Place your knees on the floor and widen them to a comfortable distance.
- Fold forward extending your arms in front of you and rest your forehead on the mat. Stay there for 5 breaths. You can place a book under your neck so that there is no discomfort.
2- BOUND ANGLE POSE
This pose stimulates digestion. It's one of the best poses for menstrual cramps.
- Lie down on your back with your feet stretched out in front of you. Bend the knees and drop them to either sides, bringing the heels to touch.
- Turn your palms face up and breathe for 30 seconds to a minute in this posture.
3- HERO POSE
This pose can be done on your bed with the help of a comfy cushion. Please avoid this pose if you have any kind of discomfort in your knees.
- Start by coming into Vajrasana, then widen your knees and bring your sitting bones to the inside of your feet.
- Place the cushion behind you. The cushion shouldn't be too soft.
- Place your hands by your side and start exhaling slowly. Then with control, lean back towards the pillow.
- Hold for about 30 seconds. To come out press into your hands and elbows and gently inhaling bring yourself all the way up.
4- LEG'S AT THE WALL
This pose is restorative and calming. It is exceptionally good when you are on your period.
- Place your sitting bones to the wall, then lie down and extend the legs straight up against the wall.
- Rest your arms by the side of your body. Turn your palms up and breathe. Make sure your whole spine is along the floor.
- To make this pose easier, you can also lift your leg all the way up and then bend your knees and place your calves on the chair.
So next time you experience menstrual pain, try these poses and you will never be a pill popper again.