Acupressure Massage Therapy - Get Rid Of Common Pains At Home
An ancient Chinese tradition practised for more than 5000 years, Acupressure is applying gentle firm pressure using fingers to relieve common ailments.
Surprisingly enough it’s still been used extensively everywhere and is known to be quite popular all over the world.
The Chinese have practised acupressure as a way of keeping themselves well and happy. You too can learn how to take care of yourself by learning this amazing, easy technique.
But before you start here are some of the ground rules you need to follow to the T!
- Sit down and relax
- Breathe evenly and do not cross your legs
- Rub your hands together for a minute or so to increase sensitivity
- Apply a deep firm pressure to stimulate the points
- Not to be used for chronic illness or pain
- Do not massage half an hour before or after a hot bath, heavy meal or tiring physical activity
- Pregnant women are advised not to do this after the first trimester
1. INNER PASS POINT:
This point kills two birds with one stone – *squak* stress and anxiety! All you’ve got to do is to start measuring your wrist with three fingers and the point at which the third finger touches the middle of your wrist is the acupoint.
Take your thumb and apply pressure to the point you start feeling a slight discomfort but only enough to interrupt the natural blood flow.
Knead the thumb in circular motions and do it on both the wrists for about 2-3 mins and you will feel your stress and anxiety is descending slowly!
Here are a few not-so-fun facts about stress that you need to know!
- Stress is known as the “silent killer” because people do not take it seriously until it begins to build up.
- 7 people die of stress every two seconds.
- Stress can cause major hair loss issues which can last for upto 3 months!
2. HAND VALLEY POINT:
Periods don’t have to be painful anymore as this pressure point relieves the pain and is located halfway between the thumb and the index finger.
If you are still not able to locate it, stick your thumb to your forefinger, you’ll notice a small bump where the fingers join. Relax and apply a firm gentle pressure for about 2-3 mins.
This will decrease the intensity of the pain caused by those dreadful menstrual cramps.
Bonus: This acupoint relieves toothache, constipation and hangovers as well!
Here are some interesting facts about menstrual cramps:
- Some menstrual cramps can be as agonising as early labour pains!
- 5 – 10% of women in the world suffer from severe period pains that disrupt their daily life.
3. BIGGER RUSHING:
Headaches and migraines bring your brain to a total shutdown! Thankfully we’ve got a cure that works int he comfort of your own home without all the doctor drama!
This acupoint is located between the valley of the big toe and second toe. Sit comfortably and using your thumb put firm pressure on the point for about 2-3 minutes.
Repeat on the other foot and you will find that the pain gradually subsides.
This point also relieves foot cramps, eye fatigue and arthritis as well.
Facts about headaches – coming right up:
- Adult women are four times more likely than men to get headaches due to hormonal fluctuations!
- Exercising minimises the risk of headaches as sweating reduces the stress hormones that trigger them.
So there you go, an ancient technique that is still in use today to effectively treat illness and pain.