3 Strand Fishtail Braid | DNA Braid
A braid always makes a statement wherever you go. So, it’s time to take your braiding skills a notch higher with this DNA braid hairstyle. It’s bold, chic, sophisticated that’s perfect for any occasion. You can team it up with a simple top or a casual dress and let the braid do all the talking for you!
We’re sure you’ve heard this phrase, ‘looks can be deceptive’, the DNA braid gives the same impression. Although the braiding may seem a bit too complicated, you can master it within minutes. If you know how to fishtail braid, then you’ll have no issues with this hairstyle too! Just concentrate on getting the mantra ‘Over - Under - Under - Over’ right and you’re good to go.
Your way to some fun braiding:
1. Straighten your hair
2. Tie your hair in a side ponytail
3. Make 3 sections of your ponytail. The middle section should be thinner than the other 2 sections.
4. Pull out a strand from the top of left section, cross it under the middle section and mix it with the right section.
5. Pull the braid to keep it in place.
6. Pull out a strand under the right section and cross it over the middle section to merge it with the left section.
7. Mantra - Take it Over the left, Under the middle, Under the right and over the middle
8. Continue braiding till the ends.
9. Secure with an elastic
10. Give the braid a small twist
This DNA braid is an elegant hairdo that you can wear for a cocktail, a wedding or even a girl’s day out! You can even put together this hairstyle for an event that begs you to dress up a tad bit more than your regular flicks or buns and you’ll be the star of the show!
We hope you enjoyed watching the video.
- Team Glamrs