How To Apply Nail Art Studs
Studs and rhinestones are a fun and easy way to embellish your nails, and are great for beginners. They come in variety of shapes and sizes and are easily available in the beauty supply store. So here are two ways you can apply nail art studs and become a pro!
1. Start off by applying a base coat to protect your nail nails.
2. Next apply your base colour and allow it to dry completely.
3. There are a few different tools you can use to place these studs. You can even place them on while the base colour is wet but I find that doesn't give me as much control as I'd like for a neat finish so this is the method I use.
You can place these studs on with tweezers, a toothpick, dottingtool, wax based crayon or an old eye liner. You can also buy a stud picker which is a pencil with a wax based lead but I didn't find the need to do so.
4. Dab on a bit of clear polish on a piece of tape or plastic and let's get started. I'm going to use a dotting tool, toothpick and old eyeliner to place my studs on so that you can see that all 3 are effective tools. I find these give me more control that tweezers.
5. Dab a bit of clear polish from your nail where you'd like to place the stud, then dip your dotting tool in clear polish and use it to pick up the stud like so. Now press it down onto your nail. You can gently nudge it around to make sure it's placed where you want it to be.
6. Play around with the placement to create different looks.
7. Finish off your manicure by floating on a top coat to seal your design and create a beautiful shine.
Wasn't that easy way to wear a cool look?