How To Choose Your Perfect Foundation!
Foundation is the base for good makeup, quite literally we would say. However, we would be lying if we said that foundation shopping was easy. Let’s face it, deciding what to wear looking at a closet full of clothes and choosing the foundation from a rack full of products is pretty much the same thing. But we are here to simplify it for you! Choosing a good foundation goes beyond matching it with your skin colour. Skin type plays a vital role in how the finish of the foundation is going to look on to your skin.
Here’s some tips that you can follow -
1. Mattifying foundations work for oily skin
2. Hydrating foundations work for dry skin
3. Don’t forget to set your foundation with a loose powder
4. If you’re trying to achieve a dewy look without looking oily, just powder the t-zone and press some highlighter on the high points of your face
5. A damp beauty blender is your best friend to achieve the perfect finish without looking cakey
6. If you’re going out in the day, don’t go for heavy coverage foundation. Instead, go for sheer coverage foundation or a tinted moisturizer. We recommend the Clinique moisture surge tinted moisturizer!
7. Use a lightweight primer to make sure your foundation stays in place! We recommend the NYX pore filler primer.
8. Always know that a little goes a long way!
Here’s a list of our favourite foundations :
1. Mac Studio Fix Foundation - heavy coverage
2. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - medium to heavy coverage
3. NYX Stay Matte Not Flat - medium to heavy coverage
4. Chambor Sheer Delight Foundation - sheer coverage
5. Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation - Sheer to medium coverage
We really hope this simplified the whole process of buying your perfect foundation!
- Team Glamrs