How To Wear A Saree As A Lehenga | 3 Steps Only!
Sarees are undoubtedly the most versatile Indian attire in our closets and we have previously established this fact on our channel.
Our go to Indian attire has to include a saree and a lehenga, so we decided to combine these two silhouettes in one.
So next time you're in a fix and don't know what to wear to a festive occasion then this drape is just for you. We bet no one will believe its a saree.
To achieve this drape all you need is:
- A saree, make sure to pick a saree with lighter fabrics like chiffon, georgette as it will drape well.
- A can can petticoat, for the added volume to make it appear more like a lehenga.
- A couple of pins to secure the drape.
The step by step procedure to achieve the look:
- Start with tightly fastening the petticoat.
- Tuck the end of the saree on the right side and bring it around the waist, tuck it in fully while doing the same.
- Now drape the pallu over your shoulder to ascertain the length.
- Leave some excess fabric at the waist.
- Place it tightly at the waist and secure it with a pin.
- Pin one end of the pallu at the shoulder and pleat the rest of the pallu and secure it with a pin.
Hope you give this drape a try!
Lots Of Love,