The Ancient Secret To Permanent Pain Relief
An ancient Chinese tradition practised for more than 5000 years, Acupressure is applying gentle firm pressure using fingers where to relieve common ailments.
Surprising enough it’s still been used extensively everywhere and is known to be quite popular all over the world.
Not many people know Acupressure and Acupuncture both, are used to stimulate energy flow to the brain, the only difference is that acupuncture uses thin needles to achieve this and acupressure applies gentle, firm pressure to the points.
But before you start here are some of the ground rules you need to follow to the T!
- Sit down and relax
- Breathe evenly and do not cross your legs
- Rub your hands together for a minute or so to increase sensitivity
- Apply a deep firm pressure to stimulate the points
- Not to be used for chronic illness or pain
- Do not massage half an hour before or after a hot bath, heavy meal or tiring physical activity
- Pregnant women are advised not to do this after the first trimester
1. HEAVENLY PILLAR
Neck pains are first world problems these days because of extensive usage of laptops or phones which causes us to look down increasing force on the neck. Thankfully there's a point that relieves the unbearable pain – Hallelujah!
The point is situated right underneath the base of the skull exactly two to three centimetres away.
Apply pressure to them for about 2-3 minutes. This point also helps to relieve stiffness of the neck and chronic cough.
Here are a few facts that will give you a royal pain in the neck!
- Currently around 1 in 10 adults is experiencing with neck pain
- 75% of adults suffer from neck pain due to poor posture
2. COLLECTION HOLE
Sit in a comfortable position and raise your elbow. Follow the elbow bone and use a four finger space to locate the acupoint.
Take one finger and begin to apply pressure for about 30 seconds. Start with the arm that is on the side of where your back hurts the most.
Continue to do so 2-3 for a few minutes each.
*For example, left arm for back pain that's on the left side.
Did you know?
- Back pain is more common in people who are not fit.
- 99% of people suffer from at least one big back pain attack during their lifetime
3. GRANDFATHER GRANDSON
Say goodbye to stomach aches forever as this point will help relieve your pain within minutes.
It is is located a thumb span away from the ball of the foot above the arch. Place your thumb on the acupoint for about 15 seconds and release it.
Do it 2-3 times few minutes.
This point also helps relieve indigestion and ankle pain.
Terror facts about stomach aches
- Stress is a huge cause that leads to stomach aches.
- When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red!
Acupressure is an effective technique used to help relax muscles, do it regularly to minimise its recurrence!