An Easy At-Home Summer Workout!
Here's to the last and final episode of The Ultimate Home Workout Series where we show you how to use items from around the house to get a fit, toned body!
So let's make the most of it and have a sexy summer!
When in doubt, squat it out! That’s right, everyone knows squats help build leg muscle and strengthen your core but by using a bag as weight helps in maintaining your balance and concentration as well!
- Fill in the bag with items that are a bit heavier than the bag – think books and water bottles, enough for you to be able to still lift the bag.
- Now stand shoulder width apart and hold the bag with both your hands.
- You can either press the bag against your chest, hold it a little far away from your body or put it on the back of your neck whatever suits you.
- Keeping your back straight, bend your elbows a little, inhale and squat holding the bag.
- Keep your back neutral, don’t arch it or round it.
- Do 2 sets of 12 reps each and gradually build it up.
2. PUSH UPS:
There are endless exercises for arms but the basic and the best are push ups, as they focus on your arms, abs and lower body all at the same time.
- Stand with your toes away from the counter/table.
- Place your hands on the table slightly closer than shoulder width apart.
- Lower your chest as close as to the table as you can while holding your body straight.
- Remember your elbows should stay close to your body and your butt shouldn’t be sticking out.
- Press and push your body back up.
- Do 2 sets of 12 reps each.
3. STEP UP:
These are sure to make you STEP UP to the plate! This exercise strengthens your glutes, more so if you have a flat one!
- Step on the stool with your right leg your knee should bend to an almost 90 degree angle.
- Place your hands on your waist and bring your left leg up to the chest. At this point both your legs are on the stool.
- Step down with your right leg returning back to the starting position
- Now step on the stool with the left leg repeating the same.
- Do 15 steps leading with each foot twice.
There you go – 3 simple exercises you can do right at home without having to go to the gym. So lets welcome SUMMER with our arms wide open!