Apply Gel Eyeliner Like A Pro
Are you ready to tackle your favourite liner look using a gel liner? We all love gel liners, but at first, it can get a little tricky to use. Once you get the hang of it, it’s your best friend forever. Gel liners are highly preferred by makeup artists as the texture helps it glide smoothly on the lids and allows you to work at your will. It helps create defined lines unlike the liners that are created by a pencil. As it tends to last longer with its strong pigment and the formulations, all you need to do is dip your brush in the pot and paint your desired shape. You can be as creative as you wish with the help of these liners, but the only thing that you require is a bit of patience and a steady hand. But don’t you worry, practice makes a man perfect.
To master the art of using a gel liner, here is what you need to do:
- Before you start using a gel liner, think of a shape that you want to achieve. Also select your tools accordingly, if you are a beginner at using gel liners, you can choose a thin liner brush to control the thickness of liner. You can always build the thickness of the band as you desire. Angled eyeliner brush works the best if you want to create a winged liner, as it will simplify your application.
- Rest your elbow on the table, or you can rest your little finger on your cheek for a steady hand.
- Start applying your liner from the center of the eyelids and work it outwards. Finish up your liner by lining the inner corners of your eye.
- If you desire to create a winged liner, start at the edge of your last lash. this will be your perfect guide to draw a winged liner.
- Tightline the upper lash line to make eyelashes appear thicker. On days when you do not want to apply any eye makeup, you can use this trick to give an illusion of beautiful thick lashes.
- Gel liners can also be used instead of kohl without having to worry about it smudging.
See how simple and effective using a gel liner can be. But there are also other key things to remember while using a gel liner, that will help your liner last long:
- If you want to keep your gel liner from drying, keep the pot upside down after dipping your brush in the product. This will prevent the liner from drying out.
- Most of us just don’t think about cleaning our brushes after we use them, but it’s important to wash our brushes every time we them, as dirty brushes collect bacteria, and using dirty brushes especially on your eyes, is not a good idea.
- If your gel eyeliner dries out, don’t worry just add a drop of duraline by inglot or dip your brush in baby oil, wipe away the excess on a tissue and then dip your brush in the gel eyeliner pot, this will ensure a smooth application.
Lastly, practice, practice and a lot of practice and you’ll be a pro!